2020 Census Questions: Sample Questionnaire
The 2020 Census questions are few, which will permit the public to complete an average questionnaire in a few minutes. The U.S. Census Bureau has made available a sample questionnaire that can be consulted by interested parties in order to inform the public.
The sample questionnaire can be divided into two general sections: a) an initial section asking 4 questions about the household and 5 questions about the person filling out the form and b) a 7 question section for each person residing in the household. Many of questions are multiple choice to facilitate the process.
Questions in First Section of 2020 Census Questionnaire
- How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2020?.
- Were there any additional people staying here on April 1, 2020 that you did not include in Question 1?
- Is this house, apartment, or mobile home?
- What is your telephone number?
- What is Person 1’s name?
- What is Person 1’s sex?
- What is Person 1’s date of birth?
- Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?
- What is Person 1’s race?
Questions in Second Section of 2020 Census Questionnaire (repeat for each other person living at the same address)
- Print name of (Person 2)
- Does this person usually live or stay somewhere else?
- How is this person related to Person 1?
- What is this person’s sex?
- What is this person’s age and what is this person’s date of birth?
- Is this person of Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?
- What is this person’s race?
Download Sample 2020 Census Questionnaire
Download a sample questionnaire of the 2020 Census by clicking on the image below.